Monday, June 20, 2011

namaacha

I know it has been quite a while since Ive posted. Unfortunately, Peace Corps trainees have been banned from using the internet at the only place in town that has wireless. So, Im currently typing on the ancient computer at our lovely "internet cafe".

Pre-service training has been great so far. Most days are very long because we are in classes from 7:30-5:00. On the weekends I do chores with my family and spend time with the other volunteers. This weekend we went on a 6 mile hike to the triborder of Mozambique, Swaziland, and South Africa. Unfortunately, we got a little lost and never made it to the border. But we have another 8 weeks to try it again!

While in Namaacha Im living with a host family. I have 5 siblings that live in the house with me. Castro, my brother, is 22. Two of my sisters, Atalia and Aninya, are 17. My youngest sister joyce is 11 and my youngest brother Pedro is 7. He is the cutest! Hopefully Ill figure out how to post pictures so you can all see my family! My host mom and dad really make me feel right at home. Alberto (my host dad) is so much like my real dad! He wakes up very early to go work in his garden. When he returns home later in the day he is always tinkering around our house, repairing things or building something new. Then he eats dinner and goes to bed immediately after. Strange how men from 2 completely different cultures can be so similar!

For now, please email me if you would like to get in touch. I have internet access on my phone and it is pretty cheap because it charges by the megabyte. I check my email multiple times a day! Unfortunately, Facebook uses up a lot of megabytes so I am not able to check that often. Hopefully Ill be able to update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment